Sunday, March 26, 2017

First day of filming

Hey guys,

Yesterday we completed our first day of filming! In this post I will be giving you the inside scoop of everything that occurred.

To start, the makeup ordeal was pretty complicated. I was trying to contact any of my friends that are good at that stuff, but nobody was awake early in the morning before we started filming. Because I had nobody to help me put on the makeup, I did it myself! To be honest, I was extremely proud of myself with the way it came out because it looked pretty good.

Here's what it looked like:


After I put on the makeup, we made our journey to the house. As we were setting up our props, we realized that we could make the setting even better. On the far back wall of the garage, there was a big white bulletin board. We realized that if we printed out a bunch of pictures of little kids and posted them on the wall, it would make the scenery a lot more spooky. (This addition to our setting was vital because it followed our story line and emphasized the genre.) After we came to this realization, we decided to leave the vacant garage and drive all the way back to my house to print the pictures. On the pictures, we wrote fake addresses, drew X's over the faces to show that the kids have been killed,  and splattered blood on the pictures.
Before 
After 

After we completed our set up, we started filming. All of the lightning in our film opening was natural; we messed around with the garage and left it open a crack so we can have minimal lightning in our film, just enough to see what is going on. After taking many retakes and different shot variations, we finished most of our film besides the flashback scene. We couldn't shoot this scene because the syringe still hasn't been shipped to my house, so we will shoot this scene next week.


Overall, day one of filming was definitely a success. After a long day of filming, Andrew and I enjoyed some delicious subs.
Until next time,
Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment